Monday, September 14, 2009

CSA Monday! Two Weeks Edition

Gah, last week I was unable to do a CSA post here's last week haul:

I did a poor job of using all the produce as well. All the sweet potatoes we still have. Some of the tomatoes got used for BLTs and the others, well the ones that didn't go bad, were used this week. The zuc, squash and eggplant got put to good use for my lunch, Harissa Roasted Veg & Israeli Couscous (recipe to be posted soon). And the corn was left for this week too (bad, I know)

This week, I got:


Deja vu, no? There's basil (italian & thai), 2 gimongous sweet tomatoes, corn, tomatoes, 1 zuc & 1 eggplant.

The Plan:

3 Bean Corn Chili: Black, dark kidney and light kidney beans mix and mingle with corn (off the cob), tomatoes, hot peppers, onions, celery and spices. To top baked sweet potatoes. Probably half of this batch will be frozen for later.

Chicken & Eggplant Kra Pow: Like regular kra pow, but with eggplant added. Yum.



Misc:

Mark your calendars! Raising Winter Greens *free* talk this Saturday!!!! More info

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh Kra Pow! I'll do that. Without the chicken. But maybe with some fried tofu. I love Kra Pow! I never thought to make it before, but I'll try out your recipe. I will have to go get some fish sauce somewhere... I let my vegetarianism slide when it comes to such yummy things. :-P

    ReplyDelete