Sunday, August 30, 2009

Recipe: Chocolate-Mint Lime Fizz

Ok, ya'll, I'm not an alcoholic. I promise. I'm just ridin' the wave of herb-y cocktails because I succumb to peer pressure easily.

Hey, it's a great way to use up the herbs in new and exciting ways!

Anywho, this concoction comes to you courtesy of my husband. It's basically a mojito made with what we have on hand. But it has this fabulous chocolate-lime thing going on like those little candies. So delicious.

Ingredients:
3 springs of chocolate mint
1 shot of light rum (we have Cruzan)
2 Tbsp lavender simple syrup (we had this leftover. Regular simple syrup, equal parts water & sugar boiled together & cooled, would work too
tonic
1 Tbsp lime juice (we used bottled)

Directions:
  1. Put the rum in your cup and bruise it (he used our Mexican hot chocolate thingy, but a wooden spoon would work too.
  2. Add ice and the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
  3. Enjoy! (serves 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment