Monday, August 31, 2009

CSA Monday! No Potatoes Edition

Thank goodness! No more potatoes! Hurray!

Here's the haul:


Sorrel, bell pepper (1), corn (4), tomatoes (bunches), tomatillos (several) and garlic. I could have also gotten some basil, but seriously...I've got tons & tons of basil. AGH!

Here's the plan:

Canning tomatoes: Confession: I'm kinda getting bored of tomatoes. I know, I know, it's blasphamey. So, empowered by the recent talk on canning I'm giving it a try. Will post how it went soon.

Chicken Tortilla Soup: I'm using Ina Garten's recipe because, despite being a rather decent cook, I'm messed up this dish by just winging it more often than I'd care to admit. But I am adding some green pepper to it!

Potato and 2 Bean Salad: With my remaining 5 potatoes from prior weeks, I'm going to make a nicose-esque gone Greek salad with what I have on hand: green beans & garbanzoes. Add in some lettuce & lots of Sungold tomatoes with a bit of feta and all tossed with an oregano-spiked red wine vinegarette.

Corn on the Cob: I was going to put it in the tortilla soup, but the husband pleaded to just eat it right off the cob. So we will, perhaps with some BBQ chicken this weekend.

Tomatillo Salsa: I'm a one-trick pony when it comes to these darn tomatillos. The ones from this week will be added to those from last week (I think they are still good) and made into my salsa. And then I will freeze it all & see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment