Friday, August 14, 2009

Recipe: Caffeinated Peppermint Iced Tea


August in the DC area is always hot. It's the quasi-South and a former swamp, after all! But this year it seems particularly intense thanks to the mild June and July we had. I guess you could say that we were living on borrowed time.

Thus, when my CSA had a fat bunch of peppermint, I knew what to do: Make iced tea!

Herbal (non-caffeinated) iced tea is nice, but I like the slightly bitter after note that black tea offers. So, here you go:

Ingredients:
1 bunch of peppermint, washed
3 bags of black tea
1 Tbsp-1/4 c sugar (depending on how sweet you like your tea. I do 2 Tbsp)
8 c almost boiling water
2 c ice

Directions:

  1. In a pitcher, put peppermint & tea bags. Pour almost boiling water over it.
  2. Let steep 4 minutes.
  3. Remove peppermint & tea bags (use tongs if necessary) and add sugar to tea. Stir to dissolve.
  4. Add ice to cool it down.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi...
    I love Peppermint iced tea. Thank you so much for sharing this information on its recipe. But I guess the herbal one would be better as caffeine is harmful.

    ReplyDelete