Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Climbing out

I know this has been a trend this season, but it's true: I've been unbelievably occupied.  I've been, essentially, working 3 jobs: one at a plant nursery, one as a stay-at-home mom and one freelance job.  Plus, I'm taking classes.  Don't get me wrong, I love all these things, but it barely leaves me enough time to keep up with the garden, let alone post about it.  If you haven't deleted me from your Google Reader yet, you're a saint.

So, here I am, climbing out.

I'm happy to report that garden harvests have been epic in my blogging absence.  EPIC. I've harvested 5.7 lbs (!!!) of lettuce and 9.4 lbs (!!!!!!!!!) of kohlrabi.  Can you believe it?  Those this harvest alone is about half the total harvest of last year.  Yay for spring gardening!

Thus far, I've harvested 29 lbs and my cost per pound is $2.82!  I'm already under my goal of $3/lb!  SQUEEEEE!!!!  Plus, one bin of my compost is "finished" so I won't have to buy any of that for the rest of the year.

I apologize for the excessive use of exclamation marks in this posts, but it's taken me basically 3 years to get to the point where the garden is really paying for itself...even the fixed costs.

I promise to do a proper garden update (the plants are so big already) and post ideas about what to do with 16 lbs of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment