Monday, May 4, 2009

Bunny-Proof the Goods

There has been a lapse in my posts, and for good reason, I promise! Pinky-swear even! But, I'll go into that tomorrow (how's that for a cliff hanger, eh?)

So, you may have seen little cute, cuddy, hopping creatures around your garden. I know I have. Yesterday I saw a little baby bunny even! So cute, yet soooooooo not good for the garden given their vegetarian lifestyle and me growing, well, vegetables! What I wanted was something that was relatively attractive, removable and not too expensive.


My genius husband came up with the idea of creating "frames" like this: (Pardon the photo. It's raining outside! This was taken from a window inside)


You'll notice that the back of the bed on the fence side does not have a removable fence. Instead chicken wire is stabled to the bed's boards & support stakes. Basically, this was how this fence was made:


To be honest, it was really time consuming, but I'm happy with the results.

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much hun. It was really helpful. I have the same problem and I do not wanna lose my radishes. NO

    ReplyDelete